Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thirst Quenched

I don't trust my memories of basking
in the softness of your ray.
Reason and patchwork
have no place in a race
to remember chartreuse wings
that coloured the garden
last summer. It is May now.

...is the things I write about your death....
....your eyes, blue and strange....
....your cackle contralto......
.... the hymns, the syllabic sigh.....

One day I sobbed from sunrise to sunset.
Water parched, my dreams that night were
a kaleidoscope...from nowhere,
A hand! bursting from a funeral booklet.
A wake and bawl, thirst quenched.

3 comments:

ALVARO GĂ“MEZ CASTRO said...

Hi, I have been visiting your blog. ¡Congratulations for your work! I invite you to visit my blog about literature, philosophy and films:
http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es

Greetings from Santa Marta, Colombia

Jaquanda Rae said...

Greetings Alvaro! You have made my day! Thank you for your kind words. I just checked out your blog, it's soooo much better than mine! I will definitely visit agsin. Bless.

Jaquanda Rae said...

Alvaro Dearest, a Happy New Year to you. I visited your blog, now called Over Blog! But I cannot make a comment anywhere. It is a hugely popular blog now. Congrats! I will keep visiting. :) Jaq.