Friday, November 14, 2008

Bertha makes it to WISPA Finals

I have been busy with school, living a slightly mundane yet very pleasurable existence. I think about the Vicissitudes a lot but I usually wait until I actually have something worth blogging about before I come through and buss di place (do my thing).

So, here it is. I'm a finalist in a British-based writing competition called WISPA. I entered three poems and a short story. Of my four, Bertha was chosen as one of the top 4 poems in the competition. If it goes no further for me or Bertha, I will still be happy. It's a great feeling to be recognized and I am very grateful.

2 comments:

Paul Bernard said...

Congratulations to you Ms Jaquanda Rae.
That really is an amazing thing that you've accomplished. Top four in a poetry contest is akin to victory, due to the small balances and tiny views of the judges that separate the four final entries.
I hope, so much, that you win. Your poetry is some of the most interesting and arousing I've happened upon. ;-)

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Heyyyy,

Great news that. I've always loved, just loved the pith and passion of your poems.

You're a winner, contest or not....I'm so so happy.